Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Change of Guard

Unwaveringly I wandered on my future
As many of my married comrades felt forlorn
And few were back to their paternal home
I wondered if mine would be one

Being on the cusp of marriage scared me
I prayed fervently to exorcise my fear
My fear became very dear
Soon my fear took a topsy-turvy
And transformed into conviction
A conviction to lead a blissful married life

With this conviction
I developed the heart of a lion
And fearlessly decided to forge the bond of marriage

Father, the Indian Army titled you as a true solider
Then, to me you were mere father
You bravely resisted the bullets fired by the society
For being supportive off me
And giving me the liberty to fulfill my aspirations
Your support
Has compelled me to call you a brave soldier!

Father! Soon your dream would be realised
Of seeing me as a bride
The change of guard would be smooth
The person may not be a soldier
But surefire to walk shoulder to shoulder

I sat on your lap as a toddler
Soon would sit on your lap for one last time
This time for the change of guard
With a heavy heart you would give my hand
In the hand of this person to be called my man
And we would be woven
In the sacred thread of man and woman

The altar of this relationship
Would thread a strong bond of harmony and friendship
The conjunction of both the families
Would produce the colour
Blue deeper than Indigo!

Father! Fear nothing
Like a blue fly
I am going to be attached to a thoroughbred horse
And together we would negotiate with the ebb and flow of times
At a galloping pace singing a joyful symphony


Father! Our prayers are answered
My life is secured in this family
The hand taking my hand is so safe
That by the time we realise about the change of guard
The guard would have changed!

No comments: